'X Factor' USA Demi Lovato: 'I miss Britney Spears, LA Reid'


X Factor USA judge Demi Lovato has admitted that she misses Britney Spears and LA Reid on the panel.

Spears and Reid both chose not to return for the third season of the Fox competition, and auditions recently began with new judges Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio.

"I do miss [Britney and LA]," Lovato told Digital Spy. "We spent a lot of time together and we'd formed those bonds, but it's a new chapter now and I'm excited to start a new experience with new people."

Lovato also revealed that the new auditions are "going really great", adding: "I love the new judges, they're amazing.

"Kelly is so much fun to work with - she's got a great energy about her and we connect really well. It was just an instant, off-the-bat kind of thing. Paulina is doing great as well - she's really, really huge in South America and I'm glad the show is representing that side of things more."

Lovato added that she would love to mentor the girls again, but added: "Who knows, we'll have to see what happens. It feels like a natural fit for me but anything could happen. I'm up for the challenge."

Fox executive Mike Darnell - who is stepping down from his role after launching shows such as American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance - recently promised "major" format changes on The X Factor USA.

Source