Miley Cyrus talks about Liam Hemsworth's proposal


This past spring Liam Hemsworth, 22, popped the question to his girlfriend and The Last Song co-star, Miley Cyrus, 19, at their home. He proposed with a 3.5-carat diamond ring designed by Neil Lane.

According to PopCrush, Miley appeared on Friday’s episode of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and revealed that Liam had a romantic proposal planned at a time when she was least expecting it.

Miley, who has been giving fans free online concerts through her Backyard Sessions, revealed that The Hunger Games actor proposed after one of her Sessions. Shortly after she performed his favorite song, “Lilac Wine,” he asked her to marry him.

“About 20 minutes after that song — it’s one of Liam’s favorite songs — he asked me to marry him,” Miley told Jay Leno. “I had no idea! He was sitting there and I’m like, ‘He’s looking at me funny!’ And then I knew.”

Miley, who turns 20 next month, is not in a rush to get married, despite being engaged at a young age. She has made that clear in many interviews she has done since announcing her engagement in June.

"I'm really excited to get obviously married, but I kind of already feel married,” she told E! News on the red carpet last month at the MTV VMAs. “I know we're forever and I don't really need a paper right now."

Instead, Miley is planning to release new music and a new album very soon. She also recently returned to TV. She will be a guest star in multiple episodes of Two and a Half Men, playing Missi. She makes her debut on October 18.

Source