Miley Cyrus Rejected Offer to Become an X Factor Judge


On the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Miley Cyrus revealed that she turned down an offer to appear as a judge on X Factor USA as she did not want to be a "dream crusher."

Cyrus, 19, said that she rejected Simon Cowell's offer to appear on the X Factor judging panel alongside himself, LA Reid and Britney Spears. The former Disney star admitted that she feared she'd be too critical and did not want to crush people's singing dreams.

Miley said:

“I just don’t know if I want to be some dream crusher. Would you really want to sit there as someone is belting their heart out – even if it is like hearing nails on a chalkboard – and then say to them, ‘You suck.’ I have no filter, so I would be scared I would say something and they would go home and say, ‘Miley Cyrus ruined my dreams’. It seems harsh.”

After Miley turned down the role, another former Disney star and friend, Demi Lovato, was chosen to be the fourth judge.

Neither Fox nor Simon Cowell have confirmed that Miley was ever offered the job. Some speculate that Miley is bringing it up now as she is jealous over the reaction Demi has gotten and regrets turning it down.

Source