Taylor Swift: I have "Relationship Phobia"



Taylor Swift has explained why she spends so much time single – she has a “relationship phobia” which leads her to dump boyfriends as soon as she realizes they are not the “one”.

The 20-year-old has enjoyed a series of high-profile relationships in recent years – she has dated Joe Jonas and Taylor Lautner and is now rumored to be in a relationship with Hollywood actor Jake Gyllenhaal. But Swift admits she often cuts romances short because she is terrified of ending up with the wrong man.

She tells Allure magazine, “It’s a little strange that I’m typically single a lot. I have a phobia about being in the wrong relationship. So as soon as I establish it’s not the right one, I don’t want to waste their time.”

Taylor covers the December issue of Allure, on newsstands later this month.

Check out more highlights below courtesy of JustJaredJr.com.

On giving out horrid relationship advice: “Like, the best way to get a guy to like you would be to actively ignore him. I was filled with advice! I’d tell my friends things like, Don’t accept that apology! That isn’t sincere! Or He hung out with his ex-girlfriend? Get rid of him. But love is never that simple. Now I’m finally getting the idea it’s the one thing I don’t need to have a strategy for. I can only write the material I know, which is what happens to me.”

On recalling her 2009 interview where she noted Kayne West as the person she’d like to work with: “I forgot about that! Oh, wow! That’s…wow, that’s eerie, isn’t it?”

On using perfumes to remember: “I’d put on Abercrombie 8 to remember when I was in ninth grade and had my first boyfriend, because he gave me that. The coolest girl in school wore Britney Spears Fantasy, and I had to copy her. Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue is still a difficult one for me to smell.”

Source