Selena Gomez Explains How She Connects With Her Songs



Wizards of Waverly star Selena Gomez has revealed what makes her choose the songs she records.

The actress and singer recently released her second album A Year Without Rain with her band The Scene, and talked about what makes a song stand out for her.

"When I connect to a song it's an instant connection," explained Gomez, who loves to shop for cheap clothes.

"It's 'can I relate to it?', 'have I been through it?', 'can my fans relate to it?', 'does it make me feel good' and 'does it make me want to move?' - those are the things that run through my mind."

Talking about the title track, Selena (who denied dating Justin Bieber) added: "While I was recording A Year Without Rain, I loved the way I felt and I thought it was very beautiful but still very dancey. It was more touching and still kind of alive.

"I think it's very relatable and I think everybody can relate to that song, so I wanted all of my songs to feel that way. I just feel proud when I sing it," explains Gomez, who recently said she had more freedom making the album.

As for her recent single Round & Round, Sel shared: "Every day I sing that song or I soundcheck it with my band, I'm always singing "Round and Round" over and over again all day, just because it's so much fun. The fans love it."

Source