Jason Mraz apologizes for dissing Jonas Brothers



Jason Mraz isn't used to getting a lot of attention in the world of gossipy internet bloggers, but that all changed with a remark the two-time Grammy winning singer made on his Twitter account on November 8.

"Someone said theres a Jonas Bros Camp Rock tune that rips I'm Yours. So I bought it & think I should sue.. for the 1.29 I wasted on iTunes," Mraz tweeted.

Mraz was referring to the Jonas Brothers' song "Introducing Me" from Camp Rock 2 which some believe has a similar melody to Jason Mraz's hit song "I'm Yours." In his tweet, Mraz humorously implies that while he won't be suing the Jonas Brothers, he distinctly did not like their song.

This statement inspired gossipy headlines on the internet like: "Mraz accuses Jonas Brothers of rip-off" and "Jason Mraz vs The Jonas Brothers in The Cuddliest Cage Match Ever."

This wasn't the first time Mraz took a jab at the JoBros. While working on his next album in England, Mraz was expressing anxiety for how his next CD will be received. On October 22, he tweeted:

"Another terrifyingly impossible new album review, 'If you rearrange the letters in Jason, it spells Jonas.' Have a great weekend everyone!


In a video interview with PopEater at the VH1 Save the Music Gala on November 8, Mraz inflamed the gossip even further when he said that "Introducing Me" by The Jonas Brothers was a "tremendous, tremendous horror of a tune."

The story got picked up by major news outlets like CNN, Vanity Fair and of course, gossip blogger, Perez Hilton. This prompted Mraz to issue a statement in his official blog on November 11 about his misconstrued comments:

"One major news program said I was 'reportedly mad' at the Jonas Bros. Perez Hilton's website used the word HATE. The reaction has been an extraordinary demonstration of how we apply meaning to things, and what happens when an idea enters the diminishing world of gossip."


Mraz known as a performer who tries to pass on a message of positivity and love during his live shows and songs then apologized for insulting the Jonas Brothers:

"I take full responsibility for the disappointment I brought to Jonas Bro fans. I can see how my negative endorsement infringed upon their celebration of the talented trio. I said it at a time when I'm frustrated with my own musical evolution. (52 songs deep into the album process and still not satisfied.) I want love. I’m grateful for this awkward situation. It has reawakened me to the tools of Being Love."


This was definitely a wake-up call for Mraz who has 1.3 million followers on Twitter. While Twitter is a great platform for celebrities to get their thoughts and ideas out without the use of a publicist, it can also create more problems than it's worth.

John Mayer shut down his Twitter account with over 3 million followers in September. Mayer offered this explanation for leaving Twitter: "Since the invocation of Twitter, nobody who has participated in it has created any lasting art."

Source