Ariana Grande’s Scrapped ‘American Horror Story’ Role Revealed, Would’ve Brought Back a ‘Scream Queens’ Character!

Ariana Grande in pink on red carpet
Getty

Ariana Grande‘s scrapped American Horror Story role has been revealed!

The 33-year-old “hate that i made you love me” singer and Wicked actress was originally announced as part of the cast of the FX anthology series’ 13th season, but dropped out over the summer due to scheduling conflicts with her Eternal Sunshine Tour.

Now, series creator Ryan Murphy is revealing what he had planned for Ariana, and it would have involved a major crossover with another one of his shows!

Ariana Grande Would Have Reprised Her Scream Queens Role on AHS

While speaking to The Hollywood Reporter at the American Horror Story: 13 premiere on Wednesday night (September 23), Ryan revealed that he had planned to bring characters from Scream Queens into the new season.

That would have included Ariana reprising her role as Chanel #2!

“It was funny because at one point I was going to have the Scream Queens come on to this season, but Ariana was touring and I couldn’t make it work,” Ryan explained.

Ariana still wanted to make it happen, but Ryan explained that the weekend they needed to film, she was on tour.

Ultimately, the timing didn’t work out, and Ariana did not film any scenes for the new season.

However, Ryan hasn’t completely given up on bringing her back as Chanel #2 in the future.

“She was touring, but I said, ‘Okay, I’ll bump it down the road,’ so I haven’t given up. I love her,” he said.

For those who don’t remember, Ariana appeared in the first season of Scream Queens in 2015. Her character, whose real name was Sonya Herfmann, was one of the Chanels led by Emma Roberts‘ Chanel Oberlin.

The horror-comedy ran for two seasons before being canceled in 2017.

American Horror Story: 13 premieres Thursday night (September 24) at 9 p.m. ET/PT on FX.

The new season brings back several franchise favorites. Find out who’s in the cast!

Find out which American Horror Story stars attended the Season 13 premiere in New York City!

The post Ariana Grande’s Scrapped ‘American Horror Story’ Role Revealed, Would’ve Brought Back a ‘Scream Queens’ Character! appeared first on Just Jared - Celebrity News, Entertainment News & Photos.


via Source