Who Is One Direction's 'Steal My Girl' About? Is It About the Fans?

who is one direction steal my girl aboutWho is One Direction 's new song, "Steal My Girl," about? It's not enough just to love a song, the fans want to know the inspiration and meaning behind the lyrics. Is about one of the guys' current or ex-girlfriends?



Good thing one of the "Steal My Girl" songwriters offered up some insider info, or we might have never known.



One of the songs co-writers, Julian Bunetta, told MTV News that the line "queen since we were 16" has "a few meanings behind it," explaining that it's not just about one girl: "There is the one that speaks to the bigger picture of them and their fans, and there is the one that speaks to the actual person in your life, and that was very intentional."



He added, "It's based on everybody's experience: you have six guys in a room that have all been in love before and we all have jealousy - some are better at hiding it than others, but we don't like when people hit on our girlfriends."



Julian continued, "But it was more of a joyous thing, it just speaks to how happy you are with this person. If you have something great, everyone is going to try and take it from you. And that also speaks to the fanbase, I think, 'cause of other groups [trying to steal the 1D fanbase]...there are a lot of layers."



He also explained, in writing the song with Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne, it didn't come from anyone's exact experience, noting: "I think, if I recall correctly, we were playing a drum beat and it just sort of came out. Somebody said that line and it was like, 'Woah, yeah I relate to that,' and we all looked around and was like, 'Yeah, I like that, I can totally relate to that.'"





via Source