One Direction 'Steal My Girl' a Rip-Off? Paramore's Hayley Williams Thinks So!

paramore hayley williams disses one direction steal my girlWhile we've all been gushing over One Direction 's new song, "Steal My Girl," it seems at least one famous singer is calling the 1D guys out on how it...um...is kind of a rip-off!



Did One Direction steal the tune from the song "It's Not Your Fault" by New Found Glory?



That's what Paramore singer Hayley Williams thinks, taking to Twitter to point out the similarities while also trying not to piss off the 1D fandom. That's a delicate balance, Hayley. But we've got mad love for her, so we're definitely taking her opinion into account.



Hayley started by tweeting: "Beginning of that new 1D song couldn't sound any more like the beginning of @newfoundglory's "its not your fault" but"



She added, "I realize that I'm gonna get hate from a very large fanbase for that. But really, it has more to do w/ whoever pitched or cowrote the song."



Um. Well, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson co-wrote it!



Take a listen to "Steal My Girl" and "It's Not Your Fault" - notice any similarities or is Hayley way off base on this one?



New Found Glory's Chad Gilbert sounded off on the similarities on Twitter as well, writing: "Props to the @onedirection "steal my girl" single for reworking the "it's not your fault" piano part into a top 40 single. Let me get a cut"



As you can guess, it didn't go over well with fans. He later tweeted: "Wow did not realize this was gonna be a story. It's not a story. My original tweet was a joke anyway. Music influences music. No one cares"




















via Source