Demi Lovato: 'Nobody Knows' Miley Cyrus


After a rumoured dispute with her apparent now ex-pal Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato has been speaking out about life as a Disney star.

The singer told We Love Pop magazine that people forget to separate stars like Miley Cyrus from their characters.

In the interview, Lovato said: "I guess my transition was a little easier because I went straight to rehab. I didn't twerk - I just went to rehab."

"You know what, I think the world needs to get over the fact that [Miley] was Hannah Montana when she was 16.

"Nobody knows her, nobody really knows who I am, and the same with Selena [Gomez] and Jonas [Brothers] and everyone that has grown up in front of the public eye.

"We're adults now."

Lovato went on to comment about Cyrus' controversial stage performances, saying: "I think she knows what she's doing.

"A lot of artists take that route of shock value and that's fine, but I think she has such an incredible voice that's overshadowed by some of the things that she's doing.

"I'll always love her - she's been one of my friends since I was 14."

"She's being who she is - so power to her."

Miley's godmother Dolly Parton has also recently spoken out to support her, saying that she has "a lot of faith" in her.

Source