Demi Lovato is definitely a role model for the ages.
While the singer might have sex scandals in her personal life (ie nude photos leaking) it's something that you won't be hearing about in her music. The 21-year-old singer opens up to Cosmopolitan for Latinas about sex in pop music, turning 21, and feeling beautiful in your own skin.
Like Us on Facebook
The singer tells the magazine that she will never sing about sex in any of her songs.
"Sex is a part of life and it's a personal decision. Some people put it in their music, which is awesome and good for them," the singer tells the magazine, before explaining why she won't include it as a topic in her music.
For Demi it's a very uncomfortable area especially talking about it with her family.
"For me, there's still that weird feeling in the back of my head that's like, 'All right, I know that my mom and dad are going to hear [my music] and my little sister, and that's really weird for me."
The singer who has been sober for the last few years also opens about to the magazine about celebrating her 21's without drink alcohol.
"When you turn 21 the first thing you think about is alcohol. I want to change that. I have fans that are going to turn 21 and I want them to know that there are other ways you can celebrate, not just by poisoning yourself."
Instead of celebrating her birthday with alcohol the singer instead visited a charity in Kenya.
Demi has also prided herself on being a role model for girls who might not have anyone else to look up to. The singer who has had her own personal struggles within the last few years says that it's so important for girls to just be themselves.
"It hasn't been until the last few years that I've finally felt beautiful based on my definition. I think it's definitely important for young girls to realize being who you truly are makes you beautiful."
Source




