Demi Lovato has opened up about dating and relationships, admitting that she comes with "a little bit of baggage" that any potential boyfriends are going to have to accept.
Demi spent time in treatment last year to deal with an eating disorder and other issues, and has since come out stronger and happier than ever.
She is rumoured to be dating Wilmer Valderrama right now, and in a new interview with Glamour she opens up about how dating her is "a big responsibility".
She said, "[I need] someone who's not only supportive in my career, but also in my recovery. It's a big responsibility dating me because I come with a little bit of baggage, you know? I'm completely open. I'm honest about the journey I've been on, so I definitely don't take dating lightly anymore."
And while Demi didn't come out and say his name, while talking about writing 'Skyscraper' she mentioned an "ex-boyfriend who tried to bring [me] down." Her most significant relationship before writing the song was with Joe Jonas.
She added, "[The song is about] every person who tried to bring me down. Everyone has the bully or the mean girl or the ex-boyfriend who tried to bring them down. For me, I think of the people who really weren't there for me when I went into treatment. It was a really dark time for me because I had only a few people, I had surrounded myself with so many artificial friendships. It's about those people."
We don't think the song is necessarily about Joe, but its pretty obvious that it was inspired by the journey she has been through!
Source




