Joe Jonas Slams Jonas Brothers Break-Up Gossip




Just because they've taken a bit of a breather doesn't mean the Jonas Brothers have broken up. In fact, according to middle brother Joe, fans can likely anticipate another tour.

"I get asked that all the time: 'Are you breaking up?'" Jonas tells AOL Music. "But that's to be expected. As long as the fans know that we're not breaking up then I'm fine. It's hard to break up brothers, and the fact that my brothers are still out there making music, I can see us going on another tour soon."

"We sat down and said we were going to take some time off, and we were all talking about what we wanted to do, because even when we're on breaks, we're still working," he continues.

"My older brother decided he wanted some family time with his wife, and my younger brother wanted to write with other people, and I just couldn't get out of the studio. I wanted to create a solo project, so with their support I went for it and started working on the record every time I had a break."

Jonas has been open about targeting older audiences with his upcoming solo debut, 'Fast Life,' and hopes to channel the likes of John Mayer or Kanye West in terms of taking risks and breaking from the past.

"I grew out of [certain] music when I was younger, and I'm not saying that all of our fans grew out of us, but some don't want to listen to the Jonas Brothers anymore," the singer says. "I get it -- I was there."

"I want to be able to work with artists and producers who were ahead of the trend and [who] I listen to," he continues. "Music is so great, because if John Mayer came out with a hip-hop record or a dance record, it would probably be acceptable because music is the one thing where you can do whatever you want. Kanye West is the prime example. My favourite record of his is the '808' record because he sings the whole time. And that's not usually what he does, but music's open for anyone to do that."

Not that Jonas wants to forget the Jonas Brothers -- quite the opposite. After all, if not for his family keeping his "head on straight," the adjustment to the spotlight could've come at quite a cost.

"Lionel Richie said it best," begins Jonas. "His daughter was out partying or whatever and he was just kind of like, 'Man, the kind of crazy stuff I did when I was her age doesn't even compare to what she did.' So I feel like the artists and musicians and actors have a microscope on them at all times, but you got to be a good person and just live your life and not be too crazy."

Perhaps it's that balance that explains why he's not worried about his G-rated persona stifling his solo endeavour.

"I want my music to live for itself and I want it to be the forefront of everything I ever do. I know that people like to peek into personal lives and to know what's going on -- but that's kind of to be expected -- I just try to focus on what I love to do, which is music, and just enjoy that. And hopefully that will become the way people can see into my personal life."

"You always assume people expect there to be a downfall, but luckily I have great people around me and good friends, and good family," he concludes. "And I think that doing it with my family has kept my head on straight, and we've kept each other in line. When we were complaining, we'd punch each other in the arm and remind each other that there's a bazillion people that would love to be in this opportunity and we're the ones who get to do this, so there's no reason to complain."

Source