Taylor Swift spills about scent-inspired memories



“What to get the Sweet Baboo for Christmas?” is the question heard around the world this time of year.

I think I’m a pretty good gift giver. All you really have to do is pay attention to find out what your loved one likes.

Apparently, some of my exes weren’t good at listening or I didn’t have much to say. Which may explain the years I got a laundry basket and a giant poster of a Dalmatian puppy.

I think I got it right this time. One of the things he bought me last year was perfume.

Not anything with celebrity connections, just something he said reminded him of me, that smells like sunshine and cinnamon. It no doubt is one of the most intimate gifts I’ve ever received.

Scent is a very powerful thing. Hints of vanilla, grass, gasoline, Magic Markers or even skunk can trigger memories in an instant — good and bad.

Taylor Swift is the December cover girl for Allure magazine. In it, she talks about how fragrance recalls her past loves. And you thought it was just her songs, huh?

“Different smells bring different relationships to mind for me,” she says.

She goes on to say she used to keep a giant tray of scents at her parents’ house, so when she wanted to reminisce about an ex, she’d wear it.

Sounds a little like a stalker to me, but I can’t go without smelling Aramis, Cool Water, Brut and Aqua Velva without thinking of my ex-loves and my Dad.

I say that, knowing I always sleep with one of my boy friend’s T-shirts to keep him close until I see him again.

Taylor is partnering up with Elizabeth Arden to launch her own perfume next fall. I haven’t heard any details, but I’m sure it will be sweet smelling with a touch of fire.

For now, you’ll just have to be content with her latest album, “Speak Now.” But here’s some advice from for you in the meantime: If your Sweet Baboo graces you with your own bottle of sunshine and cinnamon, use it sparingly — cause if you can smell it on you, I guarantee you’re suffocating everybody else.

Source