Ariana Grande on "Falling Out of Touch" With Her Dad: "It Took Me So Long to Be Okay With It"

ariana grande doesn't talk to her dad falling outAriana Grande graces the August 2014 issue of Seventeen magazine and, inside the issue, opens up about some of the hardships she's faced. While Ariana's career has skyrocketed, she's had a difficult personal family issue to deal with, as she explained that "falling out of touch with my dad" was a huge thing to move on from.



Ariana explained, "It's private, but it happened last year. It took me so long to be okay with it. The thing that got me there was embracing the fact that that I am made up of half my dad, and a lot of my traits come from him. So much of me comes from my father, and for so long, I didn't like that about myself."



How has Ariana moved on from the strained relationship? She said, "I had to accept that it's okay not to get along with somebody and still love them." We're guessing that failed relationship was difficult to deal with while being in the spotlight.



Ariana also explained that she's learned a lesson over of the years with "being okay with not having the answers to everything." She added, "I feel like for the first time in my life, I'm really okay. I used to freak out about everything all the time...Everything used to be such a big deal! But now, I feel I can handle everything that comes my way with a calm energy."



That includes realizing you can't please everyone and haters are gonna hate, as she noted, "It's tough to spend some of the most important years of your life in front of so many strangers who want to pick you apart. Insecurity has been the hardest thing I've had to overcome. I think everyone my age struggles with that because everyone strives for approval and wants to feel loved."



Ariana added that love is a priority for her, explaining, "Everybody has certain things that make them feel insecure. Even when you overcome a huge battle in your life and you make a ton of progress as a person, there are still things that will upset you and break your heart. But I feel like I'm at a point in my life where love is the most important thing, and I won't let anything come before it."



The August 2014 Seventeen issue is on newsstands August 5.

Ariana Grande Covers Seventeen Magazine And Reveals She's





via Source