Liam Payne: Tweet to 'Duck Dynasty' Star Upsets Fans



Liam Payne came under fire today for tweeting his support to Duck Dynasty star Willie Robertson--and fans were pretty unhappy about it.

As you may recall, Willie's dad made homophobic comments in a GQ magazine interview and was temporarily suspended from the show.

Liam tweeted to Willie: "Huge love to you/your family huge respect for your business prosperities and the family values you still all behold. big fan."

Naturally, that unleashed quite a firestorm among the One Direction fandom, with many assuming that Liam's comment meant he supports Willie's father's views--and doesn't support gay fans.

Liam tweeted later about why he wrote the Duck Dynasty tweet, saying, "Being a fan of someones show and the way they still hold a family together doesnt mean i am ok with all they say."

He added, "people can love who they want , its none of my business."

Liam had a bit of a Q&A sesh with fans, telling one fan of his tweet: "again i just like the show and i love when families stick together, i havent said i agree with all that theyve ever said"

One 1D update account pointed out: "The fact that @Real_Liam_Payne has apologized so many times for this fandoms assumptions and reactions is ridiculous"

Liam's response? "its just ruining twitter for me"

Liam disappointed a lot of fans with his original tweet to the Duck Dynasty star and, while he apologized, the incident still isn't sitting well with all fans.

What do you think of the whole situation?

UPDATE: Liam returned to Twitter later to rant about the situation... here's what he said:

"Oh my god can someone literally not be a fan if a show without bring labeled WTf I bought dinner the other day it made a news story

What I gotta do to please you bastards I'm a 20 year old just living life as you did when u where twenty but in extraordinary circumstances

I can't do anything without being judged u try that and write about it

And I know I'm playing into your hands writing these tweets but I'm sick of stupid stories it's time you all grow up

And write about things that actually matter not what im gunna have for dinner tomorrow or who I'm a fan if real stories

Look at this shit I never said any if that write about something real for once there's plenty of issues In the world

I just watched a show and I liked it as most people do stop sitting in my twitter and do your research #lazyjournos

All those tweets are aimed at journalists and bloggers not fans

Sick of all this bull il be back again when the freedom of speech law is back and people don't believe to much into the bulls#!t they read

Can't wait for the call tomorrow where I get told of for cussing had to be said like I said before much worse has happened In the world

Pick ur balls up off the floor and get on with it instead of taking advantage of every word said and twisting it for your own gain"

Wow.

Source