'I Know What I Deserve' Selena Gomez Hints She's In Control Of Justin Bieber Romance


Selena Gomez has hinted that she's calling the shots when it comes to her romance with Justin Bieber, claiming she "knows what she deserves," when it comes to her personal life.

The 20 year-old split from boyfriend of two years Bieber in December, however she has sparked rumours of a reconciliation after a string of recent dates. The Spring Breakers star is currently hard at work promoting her new single Come And Get It though managed to chat a little about non-musical matters.

When asked how growing up in the spotlight had affected her during an interview on NEW.MUSIC.LIVE at the Much Music HQ in Toronto, Canada the brunette admitted she was one strong lady.

“I think first and foremost I know what I can handle and what I can’t," she explained.

Going on to hint she wasn't a walk over when it comes to romance she said: "I also think as a woman it’s important to know what I deserve too and what I don’t deserve and that applies in my music and my personal life and everything,”

Admitting that her closest relationships are a reflection of her own personality, Selena added: “You are who you surround yourself with. You have to surround yourself with positive people who will encourage you and help you and I’m lucky I have friends who are in the business and who aren’t in the business to keep me humble.”

According to insiders Gomez is making Justin work for their reunion, giving him a trial period before diving back into a relationship.

“She has told him that if he f***s with her emotions too much, she will drop him,” a source told HollywoodLife.

“Justin and Selena are dating but they are taking things slow."

The insider added: “Selena is keeping her heart from being broken, so she is definitely looking at this as a trial period in their relationship.”

Source