Steve Martin Won't Act Again After 'Only Murders'; But Don't Call It Retirement Just Yet

Steve Martin Won't Act Again After 'Only Murders'; But Don't Call It Retirement Just Yet

Steve Martin is thinking about retirement.

The 76-year-old actor has opened up about what’s next for him following the conclusion of Only Murders in the Building, whenever the Hulu series comes to a close – and there aren’t any plans.

Click inside to see what Steve shared about retirement…

“When this television show is done, I’m not going to seek others,” Steve shared candidly in a cover story for The Hollywood Reporter. “I’m not going to seek other movies. I don’t want to do cameos. This is, weirdly, it.”

He adds that the reason behind that decision is all about family.

“I have a family life that’s really fun,” he shared. “To film a movie now, to go someplace else to live, I’m not willing to do that anymore. I can’t disappear for three months.”

However, Steve isn’t calling his stepping back from show business retirement just yet.

“My wife [Anne Stringfield] keeps saying, ‘You always say you’re going to retire and then you always come up with something,’” Steve said. “I’m really not interested in retiring. I’m not. But I would just work a little less. Maybe.”

Steve, and co-star Martin Short, were both nominated for Emmys for their roles in Only Murders in the Building. But they had a big reaction when Selena Gomez was not.


via Source