Selena Gomez Says She's No Longer 'Scared' to Turn 30: 'I Love Growing Up'

Selena Gomez Says She's No Longer 'Scared' to Turn 30: 'I Love Growing Up'

Selena Gomez is not afraid of getting older.

The Only Murders in the Building star will celebrate her 30th birthday in six months and in a new interview with People, she shared how’s she’s feeling about the milestone.

Click inside to find out what she said…

“I love growing up,” she told the outlet. “When I was younger, I was scared of it, and I thought by now my life would look so different. But now I’m like, ‘Wow, this is not what I ever expected, and I couldn’t be more thrilled.’ I’ve stopped caring about what people have to say, and that’s been wonderful.”

She also reflected on another exciting accomplishment – scoring a nomination at this year’s Grammy awards for Best Latin Pop Album for her record RevelaciĆ³n.

“I’m so excited!” Selena said of her first-time nomination. “It’s cool because I put my heart and soul into that album. I’m not fluent in Spanish, but, funny enough, it’s actually easier for me to sing in Spanish than it is to speak it. I wanted to make sure that we were covering all the bases, that the words were beautiful, that it matched where I was in my life and that every little part of the song sounded authentic. I couldn’t be more proud.”

She went on to say that the nomination had made her “more nervous” about releasing new music, but it’s also been “good fire under my ass.”

Last week, Selena debuted a new tattoo. Check out the pics!


via Source