Selena Gomez Gets Candid About Her 90 Day Break: 'I Was Scared'

Selena Gomez Gets Candid About Her 90 Day Break: 'I Was Scared'

Selena Gomez looks picture perfect on the cover of InStyle magazine’s September 2017 issue, on newsstands August 11.

Here’s what the 25-year-old entertainer had to share with the mag:

On taking a 90 day break: “Last year I canceled my tour and went away for 90 days, and it was the best thing that I ever could’ve done. I had no phone, nothing, and I was scared. But it was amazing, and I learned a lot. Everything I cared about, I stopped caring about. I came out, and it felt like, ‘OK, I can only go forward.’ And there are still days. I go to therapy. I believe in that and talking about where you are. But I’m in a really, really healthy place.”

On what it was like to leave for 90 days and then come back: “I was in the countryside and never did my hair; I took part in equine therapy, which is so beautiful. And it was hard, obviously. But I knew what my heart was saying, and I thought, ‘OK, I think this has helped me become stronger for other people.’ When I came out, I was asked to go to the American Music Awards, and everyone around me was like, ‘Do whatever makes you comfortable.’ I didn’t want my fans to have a negative view of taking care of yourself, so I just went in head-on, and I’ll tell you, the first time stepping on that carpet was so overwhelming. I felt like my back was sweating.”

On her boyfriend The Weeknd: “I don’t depend on one area of my life to make me happy. It’s really important for me to love and nourish my friends and family and make sure I never get influenced by a guy… I’m lucky because he’s more of a best friend than anything else.”

For more from Selena, visit InStyle.com.

FYI: Selena is wearing a Coach 1941 dress and Sophie Buhai earrings.


via Source