Liam Payne Says He's Free from One Direction on New Song

Liam Payne Says He's Free from One Direction on New Song

Liam Payne steps out of the BBC radio studios after making an appearance on Friday morning (May 19) in London, England.

The 23-year-old singer just dropped his first solo song “Strip That Down” and he mentions in the lyrics that he is “free” from One Direction.

“You know, I used to be in 1D (now I’m out, free),” Liam sings on the track.

During an interview with The Elvis Duran Show, Liam explained the lyric.

“That’s been the best part of it for me just getting to go out and explore. That’s when I said the line in the song, ‘1D now I’m out free,’ just means free to musically go about. I’ve always been into writing,” Liam said. “I wrote a lot of stuff for us 1D boys and I did writing for some artists as well. It’s been nice now that we can all go out on our own musical journeys and enjoy ourselves so it’s been a blast, it’s been a lot of fun!”


via Source