Nick Jonas Talks Writing Through a Breakup in 'Out' Magazine

Nick Jonas Talks Writing Through a Breakup in 'Out' Magazine

Nick Jonas strikes a contemplative pose on the cover of Out magazine’s June/July 2016 issue, available now.

Here’s what the 23-year-old singer had to share with the mag.

On Jay Z naming his album Complicated: “When I was working on this album, Jay Z asked me what it was about. I said it was about the past year of my life, and that the year was complicated. Jay Z said, ‘That’s the name of your album: Complicated.’”

On writing through the pain of a breakup: “With this one I made a real point to tell stories as honestly as I could. It became very clear what it was going to be about, after the breakup. I just dove in headfirst and wrote about all of it. I think it was the most meaningful relationship I’ve ever been in, and it was the longest.”

On growing up with his love life in the spotlight: “The fact that people were intrigued by a 14– or 15-year-old’s relationships was strange to me. Now I think it makes a bit more sense. I think it’s kind of amusing, people’s interests. But it’s funny, because I think I live a pretty low-key life.”

For more from Nick, please visit Out.com.


Source