I Am the Most Influential Woman in my Life


TIME magazine came out with its 100 Most Influential People of 2015 list on April 16 this year. Forty women (almost half!) made it onto that list, and out of that, two of them are merely aged 25: Emma Watson and Taylor Swift. But there was one even younger than that. Malala Yousafzai, barely even a woman, made it onto the list at just 17 years of age.

I love these three women, and I am so glad that they all made it on the list. But I am not talking about them. I'm talking about another woman under 25 who I hope to see on the TIME's 100 list one of these days. I am talking about me.

I had a lot of influential women in my life: my mom, my grandmoms and teachers. They taught me a lot. But most of the lessons I hold close, I learned on my own later in life. I went through a really rough patch in 2011 by myself, that I didn't tell anybody about. I pushed through the grime and mud by myself, and then got cleaned up. I learned how to do things on my own and how to be alone.

Now, I spend my life aspiring to teach other young women the things I've taught myself. I've run an inspirational blog for the past three and a half years, and I've even been told that my words have saved lives, which is exactly why I want to write. I want to be an author and end up on The New York Times Best Sellers list. I don't want this for success or money. I want this to put my story out, to influence other women.

I want to be the most influential woman in someone else's life, like I'm the most influential woman in mine.
via Source