Demi Lovato Thanks Manager for Saving Her Life, Partners With 'Be Vocal Speak Up'

Demi Lovato thanks manager for saving her life Be Vocal Speak UpDemi Lovato definitely has many people to thank for helping her get sober - and she took to Instagram recently to thank one of her biggest supporters, manager Phil McIntyre.

This comes on the heels of the announcement that Demi and pal Nick Jonas, along with her manager, are launching a new record label called Safehouse Records.

Demi took a moment to share her gratitude in a heartfelt message to Phil, writing:

"This man not only believed in me when I was 15 and made my entire career happen, but he fought so f**king hard to get me sober. When so many others had given up on me, he never did. He told me he cared too much about me to watch me self-destruct.. Therefore at the very end of my drinking and using he gave me one last chance.. Get sober and he'll stay, or he'd have to leave."

Demi continued, "He did that out of love. Not out of a money hungry I-don't-give-a-f**k-about-the-artist kind of way... But he cared so much that instead of being the kind of person in this industry who could care less about my well being and continued to make money while I was spiraling, he stood his ground and said 'If you do this I will fight this battle with you every step of the way.' I knew I couldn't let go of him not only as a manager but as an extremely important person in my life who genuinely cares about me."

She added, "He is one of the very few people who LITERALLY saved. my. life. I don't think I'd be alive without him for many different reasons...I can't wait for our future together Phil. I'm SO GRATEFUL FOR YOU!!!"

Back in March, Demi celebrated three years of sobriety, thanking her boyfriend, Wilmer Valderrama for his support.

Demi is also continuing to do her part to raise awareness about mental health issues, sharing more of her personal story to help those struggling, by partnering with the Be Vocal: Speak Up for Mental Health campaign.

In a new interview with the Today show, Demi says she's now "in a great place."



via Source