It's Not Easy Being One Direction, According to Ed Sheeran: "They Have to Make Decisions as Five"


What's it like to be part of One Direction? Ed Sheeran may have some insider information and, lucky for us, he's offering up some of the details. Bottom line, it's not as easy being in a group as it is being a solo artist.

Ed recently told Event magazine that he's tight with 1D, but doesn't offer them any advice, explaining, "When I see them – the last time I saw all of them was last year at the MTV Video Music Awards, but I see Harry quite a lot – I don't counsel them."

He added that it's all about having a good time together, but did note some of the pitfalls of their fame as a boyband, explaining, "We have a drink and some fun. Whenever I see them, they're fine, but I have times where I don't handle things very well and I mask it, and I'm sure they can mask it as well. I don't have any of the frustrations that they might have, because they have to make decisions as five, whereas I'm my own man. That's the balance they have to get."

Okay, Niall, Louis, Liam, Zayn and Harry...don't get any ideas about going solo.

Source