TOP PICK: Lorde: ''Royals' Is Not My Best Song'


Lorde takes the newest cover of Australia’s The Music magazine.

The 17-year-old Grammy winner opened up to the glossy about her career, music and more. Check it:

On Grammy-winning “Royals”: “I definitely don’t think Royals is my best song. I understand why it worked and why it was kind of a hit, I can see those qualities in it, but at the same time there’s part of me that’s like…’these melodies are just not as good as something I could have written now’, or like ‘I definitely wouldn’t have written this lyric this way if I had’ve written it now.’ But I was 15 when I wrote it and I’m 17 now, so I think you grow a lot in that period. It definitely feels like a bit of a relic now.”





On the future of her career: “Before I put The Love Club EP out I was just planning on releasing EPs and messing around and putting stuff on the internet until I finished high school and then I would kind of look at it more seriously. But obviously things went kind of crazy and, what happened to the music once it left my hands was, like, just this insane thing. So I had to rethink and decide when I wanted to write the record; it was important to me that I followed up this big song with material that I felt was relevant to me right now and which felt kinda fresh and did come at the same time as that song, I guess. It wasn’t a plan that was thought out well in advance.”

Source