Taylor Swift to Glamour: 'Never Give Anyone an Excuse to Say You're Crazy'


Taylor Swift gives a pretty smirk on the March 2014 cover of Glamour magazine, on newsstands February 11.

The 24-year-old singer/songwriter opened up to the mag about writing songs, not reading articles about herself, and the dos and don’ts of relationships. Check it:

On her music evolving: “I’m not trying to shed my skin. I’m trying to be a new version of the person I’ve been my whole life. That’s what’s held my fans and me together. For a group of millions, it’s odd how close I feel to them.”

On being a role model: “I find it relatively easy to keep my clothes on because I don’t really feel like taking them off. It’s not an urge I have. For me “risky” is revealing what really happened in my life through music. Risky is writing confessional songs and telling the true story about a person with enough details so everyone knows who that person is. That’s putting myself out there, maybe even more than taking my shirt off.”


On the press: “I know when not to read an article. Is it going to help my day? Is it important for my life? If the answer is no, then I just don’t click…I’m careful about getting sucked into the rabbit hole that is the Internet because, as a songwriter, I don’t have the option of having thick skin. As a writer you have to be open to everything, and that includes pain, rejection, self-doubt, fear. I deal with that enough on my own. If you look hard enough, you could find somebody on the Internet criticizing every single thing about you. If you’re me.”

On dating: “I think everyone should approach relationships from the perspective of playing it straight and giving someone the benefit of the doubt. Until he establishes that this is a game. And if it’s a game, you need to win. The best thing to do is just walk away from the table.”


On why you shouldn’t yell in relationships: “Silence speaks so much louder than screaming tantrums. Never give anyone an excuse to say that you’re crazy.”

For more on Taylor, visit Glamour.com!

Source