TOP PICK: Jennifer Lopez Dishes on Staying in Shape and Relationship Drama


Jennifer Lopez is opening up about her struggles with maintaining her enviable bod.

The American Idol judge revealed she's gone back and forth as she's gotten older, between wanting to work out hard consistently to stay in tip-top shape and taking days off to relax.

"I've got an athletic body, I've worked out my whole life and I've been incredibly disciplined when I needed to be," the 44-year-old mom told Glamour U.K., which she covers for the mag's March 2014 issue.

"Now I'm just a little bit more relaxed in that area. I feel like this is who I am. But it's also hard to shed that old skin."

"Mentally, I'm always thinking about it," the "Girls" crooner went on. "I'm OK looking this way, but at the same time that ambitious, determined girl inside me is like, 'Come on, let's be in the best shape ever and really show everybody.' Then the other side of me thinks, 'Let's just relax on the beach chair.'"

One thing she doesn't have to worry about is packing on the pounds through her diet, considering she's never been one to fill up on sweets and fatty foods.

"I'm not one to overindulge," she continued. "It doesn't make me feel good. Some people find it comforting to sit down and eat a whole pint of Häagen-Dazs, but honestly that would make me throw up. I don't think I've ever eaten that much."

J.Lo also dished on what she likes in a relationship, telling the mag she would be a little bored without some sort of "conflict" involved in it.

"The dream is to have a balance where you feel you could relinquish control from time to time and still be taken care of," J. Lo, who is in a relationship with dancer Casper Smart continued. "It's about finding a relationship that has enough good stuff to outweigh the bad, because nobody's perfect, right?"

"But without the spark that conflict brings, life would be so boring," J.Lo said. "I want a bit of chaos in a relationship, but I also want a bit of safety and order."

Source