Taylor Swift Covers 'New York' Magazine


Taylor Swift takes the cover for the upcoming issue of New York Magazine.

The 23-year-old musician opened up about her connection with country music and her songwriting process. Check it:

On country versus pop: “I love being a part of the country-music community. Country radio is much more like a family than any other group of people that I’ve met. They just say, ‘Look, we’ve known each other for years. You’ve stood by us, and we’ve stood by you. That’s how this works.’’”

On just who her songs are about: “There’s a spin on every single celebrity out there. I know that one of my spins is: ‘Oh, Taylor’s heartbroken. Oh, Taylor fell in love and the guy broke her heart. She’s sad all the time, and lonely.’ I mean, they can say that all they want. Those are real feelings that every single person goes through. I think that it’s okay to be mad at someone who hurt you. This isn’t about, like, the pageantry of trying to seem like nothing affects you. I’m a songwriter. Everything affects me.”

On her song writing: “I only write songs about crazy love. If I go on two dates with a guy and we don’t click, I’m not writing a song about that. It didn’t matter in the emotional grand scheme of things. There’s a lot that goes on in daily life that isn’t really worth turning into a verse and a chorus.”


Source