Justin Bieber Doesn't 'Give A F--k,' But Has Stopped Saying 'Swag'


Justin Bieber recently sat down for an extended interview with The Hollywood Reporter, touching on everything from his relationship with the media to his new music to why he no longer says the word "swag."

The profile, which runs in the current issue of THR, also incorporates words from Taylor Hanson, Bieber's manager Scooter Braun, and his pastor, Pastor Judah Smith. The 19-year-old pop star's rise to fame, and his rocky stretch as of late, are chronicled with the inclusion of anecdotes about the young Bieber's life, such as the detail that he has a weekly phone call with Will Smith and he aspires to sound like Boyz II Men.

Some highlights:

On his buzzword "swag": "I'm very influenced by black culture, but I don't think of it as black or white. It's not me trying to act or pose in a certain way. It's a lifestyle -- like a suaveness or a swag, per se. But I don't really like to say the word ['swag'] anymore. It's kind of played out."

On "not giving a f--k": "I don't give a f---. Not 'I don't give a f---' to just be reckless and do whatever, but 'I don't give a f--- what they say.' … I know who I am and what I'm doing in my life and what I've accomplished and continue to accomplish as a performer, as a writer, as an artist, as a person, as a human being. I'm happy with the man I'm becoming."

On the media: "When people see a negative thing about me on a magazine, they're gonna buy it. Every time some site writes something bad, all my followers go on there, and it brings them more traffic. Now they have all the Beliebers on their site, which gives them money from advertisers. They're just worried about money. They don't care about ruining someone's name."

Source