Demi Lovato on GMA: Demi Defends Bullies, Talks 'Staying Strong'



Demi Lovato stopped by Good Morning America (GMA) to talk about her new book--and to defend bullies.

While that seems like an unpopular opinion, Demi, whose new book Staying Strong: 365 Days a Year, has some interesting insight about bullies.

During the interview, she said, "There was a time where I really resented the people that bullied me in my life, and I lived with so much hate that I only ended up making myself sick."

Demi said that she talked with one of the girls that bullied her and found a new perspective about the situation.

She said, "I was able to talk to her and really kind of clear up any hatred or animosity...and I realized that she was going through things at that time that I had no idea about."

Demi also talked about why she wanted to write the book, saying, "Over the past few years I've done this thing, a morning meditation, basically, where I read out of a book and it's a quote, a passage, and a goal for the day, so basically what I wanted to do was do that for my fans."

She shared that her trip to Kenya for her 21st birthday was truly life changing--calling it "better than any other drug I've ever done."

We love you, Demi!

Source