Miley Cyrus: I fought for my music


Miley Cyrus had to fight for her “vision” on her new album BANGERZ.

The 20-year-old pop star released her single We Can’t Stop in June and she announced the title of her new LP BANGERZ on Twitter earlier this week.

The star captured headlines all around the world for We Can’t Stop’s controversial lyrics and its equally scintillating music promo.

Miley confesses that executives at her record label weren’t always supportive of the artistic decisions she made.

"You know, there's definitely been times where I've had to fight for what I want on this record," she told MTV News. "But I think everyone now is starting to see that I had a vision, and I'm really excited about it. It's just gonna be — it's gonna be crazy. It's gonna be single after single after single."

Miley continues to keep details about the record’s musical collaborations to herself.

The singer does reveal that she has had the opportunity to work with a number of musicians she respects.

"I have a lot of features on my record," Cyrus said. "But some of my favourite ... I get to work with Future, who's like my favourite kind of new artist right now, even though he's not that new now. All his music is everywhere. But he's just someone that I really, I love working with. I love writing with him. Him and I wrote a bunch of songs on this record together, and he's featured on one of them. Big Sean and Ludacris and, of course, Pharrell has done a bunch of my records, so I'm really excited about that."

Source