'That's My Girl': Demi Lovato Gushes Over Best Friend Britney Spears


Demi Lovato has admitted that she and Britney Spears have developed a tight friendship after bonding over their struggles with becoming famous as a child star.

The singers, dubbed the "gruesome twosome" by fellow X Factor USA judge Simon Cowell, were both thrown into fame at a young age and according to Demi had "similar experiences."

Despite the budding friendship between the pair 'Heart Attack' singer Demi, who began her career as an actress in Camp Rock, admitted that she sometimes can't believe she is close friends with the superstar.

Demi told The Sun: "I had moments where I was so comfortable with her because she is so down to earth. I had moments where I'm like, 'That's my girl,' and I'm like, 'Oh shoot, that's Britney Spears!' "

The two have apparently grown so close that even their mums are bonding. The 20-year-old joked: "We have kept in touch. Our mums have become super-close, which is really random. It’s super-funny."

Recently, Demi has been busy finding Britney's X Factor USA replacement following news that the 'Toxic' singer is off to Vegas, but will reveal nothing about who they've got to fill the position.

When asked about the line-up, said: "It's just me and Simon and I'm appreciative of that so whatever happens, happens.

“I think we are going to have to figure out who it is soon because there are auditions next week, but yeah you want to get it right and it will be really great. Me and Simon have talked, and I'm excited for what he is thinking."

For those of you wanting a LOL - check out these GIFs of Britney in action.

Source