Demi Lovato: "I Was Pretending to Be a Role Model" Fashion Magazine


Demi Lovato looks gorgeous on the cover of Fashion magazine's August 2013 issue.

Inside, she talks about living more honestly, being an X Factor judge, bullies, and the age-old guys vs. girls double standards.

Of her move to L.A., Demi shared: "L.A. has opened my eyes. I learned that ignorance stood in the way of my insight. I wasn't really being honest with the way I used to live. I was pretending to be a role model during the day and turning into a wild child at night."

She also shared her thoughts on the double standards that exist, noting: "Guys can be scandalous and not get any crap for it. In my song ["Something We're Not"], I'm saying, 'girls, have your fun--don't let anyone let you feel bad about your actions. Ever.'"

As for her role on The X Factor, it's not always easy, emotionally, as Demi explains, "The show made me a tougher critic and better empathizer. I understand artists a lot more now. I get scared for them because if they don't make the right decisions right now or if they don't have the right people around them, they could put their careers in danger. What they never show [on X-Factor] is me backstage crying with certain contestants. I had to walk off a couple of times too because it gets too emotional for me. They never showed that."

Demi's Fashion magazine issue will be on newsstands on July 8.


Source