Demi Lovato Forced To Put Career On Hold This Summer To Undergo Tonsil Surgery


Demi Lovato has revealed that she will temporarily have to put her music career on hold this summer to undergo tonsil surgery.

The 'Heart Attack' singer, who is in the midst of promoting her latest album 'Demi,' will finally take some time off work to have her tonsils removed after years of hesitating to undergo the operation.

Demi, 20, has revealed that she has endured the agony of tonsilitus every month but has finally succumbed to the pain.

“I'm getting my tonsils out this summer,” Demi said during an appearance on Alan Carr's Chatty Man.

“I've been meaning to get them out for years and years, but my career has just been going, going, going. The thing is, I keep getting sick.”

“Like once a month I get really sick. They're actually not doing me any good, so they're being removed.”

The X Factor USA judge even quipped that her tonsils are so large they are visible on Google Maps.

“You can type it in and locate my tonsils, right here on your set. They're pretty bad,” she joked.

Demi is currently travelling the world in promotion of her latest album 'Demi' which became her highest charting album in the UK of her career, peaking at number 10 while the album's lead single 'Heart Attack' soared to number three.

The former Disney star performed a gig in London on Friday however, the evening is said to have ended in tears after several fans got crushed and ambulances tended to those injured.

Source