Demi Lovato Covers 'Fashion' Mag August 2013


Demi Lovato goes colorful with a Just Cavalli dress on the August 2013 issue of Fashion magazine.

The 20-year-old musician opened up to the glossy about landing on the west coast, double standards and X Factor. Check it:

On dealing with double standards: “Guys can be scandalous and not get any crap for it. In my song [“Something We’re Not”], I’m saying, ‘girls, have your fun—don’t let anyone let you feel bad about your actions. Ever.’”

On how moving to L.A. helped her transform: “L.A. has opened my eyes. I learned that ignorance stood in the way of my insight. I wasn’t really being honest with the way I used to live. I was pretending to be a role model during the day and turning into a wild child at night. I could remember word for word what my bullies said to me. Last night I had nightmares about it…just degrading things that hurt me and affected self-esteem. It affected the way I look at girls my age. I used to fear them.”

On how X-Factor is keeping her on her toes: “The show made me a tougher critic and better empathizer. I understand artists a lot more now. I get scared for them because we if they don’t make the right decisions right now or if they don’t have the right people around them, they could put their careers in danger. What they never show [on X-Factor] is me backstage crying with certain contestants. I had to walk off a couple of times too because it gets too emotional for me. They never showed that.”

Demi‘s cover is out on stands on July 8th.

Source