N Sync's Lance Bass: 'At Least One Member Of One Direction Is Gay'


N Sync's Lance Bass has argued that "at least one member of One Direction is gay" but insists it would be particularly hard for the object of so many girls affections to come out.

Speaking on yesterday's Rubin Report in the US, the ex N Sync star was discussing gay celebs, in the wake of basketball star Jason Collins becoming the first openly gay active athlete in a major American team sport.

Moving onto the pop world, the openly gay singer was asked about the sexuality of Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik. Lance replied: “Statistically speaking… one of them probably is."

He went on to say how hard it is to be an openly gay pop singer being marketed to female fans:

"It’s crazy with a market like that because [it’s] 100% young women and they fantasise about these guys and then you have the record labels and everyone [is] grooming you to make sure you don’t even mention you have a girlfriend."

"So screw the fact that you are going to come out as being gay – it ruins their whole business plan.”

After years with N Sync Lance came out to the world in 2006, in a cover story for People magazine.

The pop star addressed his fans in the magazine, revealing that the time was right to reveal the truth: "The thing is, I’m not ashamed – that’s the one thing I want to say. I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I’ve been my whole life. I'm just happy."

Source