'I Never Looked Back': Miley Cyrus Reveals Drastic Makeover Was Inspired By The Jonas Brothers


Miley Cyrus caused chaos when she unveiled her new cropped hairdo last year and the star has now revealed that the Jonas Brothers were behind her new look inspiration, with Miles linking back to a previous Hannah Montana episode where she got to be a boy alongside the famous brothers.

Miley made the extreme chop, finally breaking free from her innocent Disney star image and the star has told V magazine exactly who inspired her to make the drastic change.

The Can't Be Tamed singer tells the mag: “I’m like, ‘Why don’t I just cut my hair, all blonde?’ Because I’ve always wanted to do it. I got to pretend to be a Jonas Brother one time and I had to wear a Jonas swoop and as soon as I saw it I was like, ‘Okay, I kind of look dope like that.’ And I never really thought about it again. And then Pharrell said, ‘That’s what you can do that no one else can do.’”

Two week later, Miley’s hairstylist Chris McMillan chopped her new ‘do, and she called Pharrell first to share the extreme hair makeover news.

She said, “He was the only person I wanted to call, because I wanted him to know that I’m not f****** around with what I’m saying. I’m going to change, I’m going to be different, I’m going to do what I want to do. I chopped my hair and bought a pair of Docs and never looked back.”

Not one to let criticism get to her, Miley also adds that she loves her new look and doesn't listen to the negative comments.

“In this industry, no one wants to turn a mirror to you and encourage you to see the good things,” said Miley. “No one wants you to see yourself fully because then you don’t need them. If there’s nothing missing, then you don’t need them.”

And the Jonas Brothers aren't the only heartthrobs that Miley has been chatting about, with her also revealing that she 'couldnt resist' grabbing Justin Bieber.

The 'Heartbreaks and Ashtrays' star told Justin to make sure he embraces his superstardom and success.

“I noticed he was taking all these photos of people and doing a lot of sh*t, and I just grabbed him and said, ‘Just take a snapshot in your brain of this moment, so you don’t forget,'” Miley told Elle UK magazine.

The former Disney star went on to explain that she can relate as she got caught up in the same hysteria during the peak of her career in her younger days.

“I don’t remember my Hannah Montana movie premiere — and my 3D movie trumped everyone’s at the box office — I don’t remember being there,” Miley said.

“All I remember from that night is that I stopped and got a strawberry milkshake beforehand. That’s all. It’s crazy. You think you’re in the present but you’re not.”

Source