Demi Lovato: I dress for me


Demi Lovato only wears clothes that suit her body.

The 20-year-old starlet spent some time in rehab for "physical and emotional issues" and later admitted to struggling with an eating disorder.

The gorgeous singer is now happy with her body and dresses in a way to please herself rather than others.

"If I were to do [any work] with fashion, it would have to have meaning behind it - and to make women feel happy whatever body shape they are. The most frustrating thing about the fashion industry is that clothes are made to fit very thin women," she explained to British magazine Company.

"I got tired of trying to fit into clothes for very thing women, so I started dressing for me, in clothes that look best on my body."

Demi is a fan of black leather jackets and is often spotted rocking one on the red carpet.

The former Disney Channel star loves checking out new trends and especially admires British fashionistas.

"I love it! I love the sophisticated button-up collars and the way you guys edge it up and make it punky," she gushed to the UK publication.

"I played at the Topshop launch in LA - loads of clothes and loads of people, so I was kind of in heaven."

Demi's self-titled fourth studio album is due out this month and she has been busy promoting her new music.

Despite being busy, she wouldn't rule out a fashion collaboration.

"I love [Topshop CEO] Sir Philip [Green]. He's charming and he has a really good heart. He's very smart and knows exactly what he's doing," she smiled.

"Right now, I'm focused on music and touring, so I think it'd be a lot to take on fashion as well. You never know though, I'm kind of like a machine. I just keep going."

Source