TOP PICK: Drew Barrymore Covers 'Harper's Bazaar' March 2013


Drew Barrymore gets up close for Harper’s Bazaar magazine’s March 2013 issue, on newsstands February 12.

Here’s what the 37-year-old actress had to share with the mag:

On keeping her daughter Olive‘s birth a secret: “I definitely needed some time. For a solid six weeks, I was hiding like the Unabomber. Because I live my life in the public eye, I didn’t want that for her…unless I move into a bunker underground, I don’t have a choice in this matter. It was something that took me weeks to cope with. I appreciate my journey, but I don’t want that for my kid. Not any of it. It has nothing to do with whether I liked my childhood. I really did. But as a parent, that isn’t the childhood that I’d provide.”


On what she did while she was pregnant: “I didn’t feel I could do a lot with fashion because I wear sweatpants that I find on the floor. I live for makeup and I like wine. These are my truths!”

On approaching her makeup line, Flower: “Nobody’s in gold rain or running through a jungle with their lipstick on. It was just me and some great music on a white background. That’s every girl, in her closet getting ready.”

For more from Drew, visit HarpersBazaar.com!

Source