Tom Felton to play Beast to Emma Watson’s Beauty in Guillermo del Toro’s ‘Beauty and the Beast’?


As we know, Emma Watson has been handpicked to star in Warner Brothers’ upcoming Beauty and The Beast adaptation, with Guillermo del Toro adapting and directing the film.

We know that there is a current script under works, and Guillermo has mentioned that after the screenwriter’s finished writing his draft, he’ll write his own pass and give it to the studio for feedback. Emma has also mentioned her excitement for the project, explaining that it’s likely to start shooting next summer if everything goes to plan.

Emma also recently opened up about how she came into the project, saying, “The script came to me and it was a little bit cheesy and kooky, and I was like, ‘I don’t really want to do this’. I said, ‘The only reason I would do it would be if someone like Guillermo del Toro did it. [Then] Greg Silverman, who’s the head of Warner Brothers, said to me, ‘Well, why don’t you email him? So I did, and he emailed back saying, ‘Beauty is my favourite fairytale. It’s a story I’ve always wanted to tell. I can’t let anybody else do this project, and I think you’re perfect for it. And we started talking, having these three-hour conversations.”

However, while Emma makes the perfect Belle, who will play her Beast? There has been a recent fan campaign [according to a report from International Business Time] to cast Tom Felton in the role of Beast. We know he can play both the negative and positive shades to a character well, especially after seeing him brilliantly portray Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter series, but he and Emma also have great chemistry from their history on-screen. And of course, Emma’s previous crush on Tom Felton doesn’t hurt. Do you think Tom Felton would make a good beast?

Source