EXCLUSIVE: DEMI LOVATO WILL ANSWER FANS' QUESTIONS DURING "SKYSCRAPER" LIVE CHAT ON THURSDAY



It’s been a good week for Demi Lovato.

‘Skyscraper,’ the 18-year-old’s latest single, premiered July 13th and went to #1 on iTunes within 24 hours and was also the top video debut on Vevo for the week.

Now, as a thank you to her fans, the singer and actress has announced she’ll be hosting a special live chat Thursday, July 21st at 8PM EST / 5PM PST on Cambio.com.

“My fans have always been so amazing — especially this past week supporting ‘Skyscraper’ and the special meaning the song holds for me,” she said. “I can’t wait to connect with everyone live on Cambio.”

The song, which Demi described as “her cry for help” was recorded prior to checking herself in for three months of treatment to deal with eating disorders, self-harm issues and bipolar disorder. With the past year behind her, Demi is using ‘Skyscraper’ and her upcoming live chat to start an honest and emotional conversation with her fans about the issues many of them are facing.

“This song is so special to me because it’s inspired by my journey and the struggles that I’ve dealt with this past year," she wrote on her Seventeen.com blog. “I hope people are able to relate to it and realize that they are able to rise above and overcome any obstacle, no matter the circumstances, and shine like a skyscraper.”

In the video, directed by Mark Pellington and shot outside Twentynine Palms, CA, there are no smoke and mirrors. Demi, dressed all in white, simply looks into the camera and sings. And does she sing. The song has already received attention from numerous celebs like Katy Perry and Kelly Clarkson and the track’s vocals have been described as “career-making,” a bold statement her fans did not hesitate to confirm.

“At a loss for words, cried my eyes out watching the music video its [sic] so beautiful and raw. Ur truly my inspiration,” said @DeniseMariee3, a proud Lovatic, as they’re called on Twitter, whom Demi retweeted since the video premiere along with other heartbreaking confessional tweets from fans including @DemiSkyscraper1, “Because of you, I am getting help with my problems. Your songs got me through everything, to build up the courage to tell my mom,” and @spokenforlyrics, “SKYSCRAPER is SAVING my life… you don’t know how much I needed that song. I’m starting to think maybe I can face my eating disorder.”

Demi is currently recording songs for her forthcoming album and will be hosting the live chat from a Los Angeles recording studio. Fans can submit questions for Demi in advance beginning today and continuing through the live chat in the comment section below or via Twitter using the hashtag #AskDemi. Demi’s chat will stream live on Cambio and on her Facebook page Thursday at 8PM EST / 5PM PST.


Source