Is Selena Gomez's 'Lose You to Love Me' About Justin Bieber? Here's Why Fans Think So!

Is Selena Gomez's 'Lose You to Love Me' About Justin Bieber? Here's Why Fans Think So!

Selena Gomez has not revealed the inspiration behind her newest song release, “Lose You to Love Me,” but many fans believe it to be about her ex, Justin Bieber.

There are some clues that the song could be about her relationship with Justin.

At one point, Selena sings, “In two months you replaced us/ Like it was easy/ Made me think I deserved it, in the thick of healing.” Selena and Justin were linked again in early 2018, but they took a break and split up. A reported two-ish months later, he was dating Hailey Baldwin (who he is now married to).

In another lyric, Selena sings, “Set fire to my purpose and I let it burn / You got off in the hurtin’ when I wasn’t yours,” which seemingly references his 2015 album Purpose.

Fans quickly began reacting, writing things like, “SELENA GOMEZ CALLING OUT JUSTIN BIEBER. YAS QUEEN. No one can change my mind. #SelenaGomez,” and “Listened to Selena Gomez’ new song and I’m a fan! It’s sad hearing her say “In two months you replaced us “. I can literally feel her pain and how hurt she was that Justin Bieber got together with Hailey so fast.”

Watch the music video for Selena Gomez‘s new song if you missed it.


via Source