Chloe Moretz Reveals Her Female Role Models (& Non-Role Models)

Chloe Moretz Reveals Her Female Role Models (& Non-Role Models)

Chloe Moretz knows the importance of having strong female role models.

The 20-year-old Kick-Ass actress was spotted picking up a SmartWater and some other items with one of her female friends on Thursday (August 10) in West Hollywood, Calif.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Chloe Moretz

During Chloe‘s recent interview for Variety‘s Power of Young Hollywood issue, she opened up about the gender pay gap and being fat-shamed by an older male co-star.

Chloe also revealed some of her biggest female role models, including Hillary Clinton, Julianne Moore, Jessica Chastain, Reese Witherspoon, Scarlett Johansson, Emma Watson, and her BFF Zoey Deutch. Melania and Ivanka Trump, however, did not make the list.

“This is a difficult one to word,” Chloe said. “I think some people are in a bubble and it’s a very sad bubble. I hate to see any woman not speaking up for themselves and what they believe in. I wish they were more aware of their surroundings and I wish they were more aware of what their husband and father are doing. It pains me to see people who are just speaking through this veiled curtain of privilege and they have no compass of what is real.”

Click inside to hear what else Chloe had to say…

“I’m not them. I don’t know them,” she continued. “I can only speak on what I see and it saddens me.”

“I think that young women deserve better role models,” she added. “And I hate to see the way that Melania is treated – I think that she is treated really badly, and I hate to see a woman who is not respected by her own husband, and a daughter who doesn’t see that she is disrespected by her father. I think that’s really sad. I think they’re also products of mental manipulation. You can’t see the forest through the trees when you’re that deep.”


via Source