Selena Gomez & Petra Collins Talk 'Raw' Portrayal of Women in 'Fetish' Music Video

Selena Gomez & Petra Collins Talk 'Raw' Portrayal of Women in 'Fetish' Music Video

Selena Gomez is explaining why she really wanted her “Fetish” music video to be directed by a woman.

The 25-year-old entertainer asked her BFF and creative collaborator Petra Collins to direct the video because they agreed on the importance of showing the “weird” and “raw” side of women and expressing love.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Selena Gomez

“If a guy shot ‘Fetish,’ I bet it would look way more sexual,” Selena told Dazed magazine. “That’s what I love about how you [Petra] captured my breakdown moments – it’s shown to the viewer as creepy and I honestly think that there are some guys out there who would make those moments more sexy than it was or should be.”

“I’m not saying I’ve ever done something similar to the kitchen scene in real life, but I can say right now, I do weird shit all the time when I’m alone in my house,” Selena continued. “It’s how I express myself! Honestly, what you [Petra] do with women is so inspiring to me. Your pictures can be sexy, but you aren’t sexualizing women. You capture the raw part of it all.”

“The energy we were giving back and forth was insane, it was like me screaming while you are just giving the performance of a lifetime,” Petra added.

Watch the music video, featuring Gucci Mane, if you missed it.

To read Selena and Petra‘s full interview, head to DazedDigital.com.


via Source