John Mayer Appreciates Justin Bieber's 'Transparency' About Tour Cancellation: 'The Road Is Horrible'

John Mayer Appreciates Justin Bieber's 'Transparency' About Tour Cancellation: 'The Road Is Horrible'

John Mayer is continuing to come to Justin Bieber‘s defense after he cancelled the remaining shows for his Purpose World Tour.

Following his comments on Twitter, the 39-year-old “Slow Dancing in a Burning Room” singer cleared up his statements in a new interview with Variety.

“I don’t really look it any other thing other than a seed thought, I’m not really considering the roll-out. With touring dates, you hope you do them all, and I don’t know his situation, but I appreciated the transparency,” John expressed. “There are a hundred different reasons you can give for canceling a tour. I think the one that goes, ‘I think I’m done’ is the bravest and healthiest one. You can’t send someone else to do the gig; you’ve got to do it. And at that age — I’m 39 and only now beginning to feel like I can weather the storm. You have to apply a certain amount of grace to younger people, who are developing into that.”

“I’ve been doing this since March and I’m working overtime to rest. If you want to do this for a living as an adult, resting becomes your other love,” John concluded. “We’ve only got one of each artist … and you have to go back in the shop for repairs and rest up so you can do it again. … You spend your life on the road and the road is horrible, it’s what we put up with to be able to play.”

Pictured: John working up a sweat as he hits the stage at the Forum on Sunday (July 30) as part of his The Search For Everything Tour in Inglewood, Calif.


via Source