Liam Payne & Cheryl Cole Had 'Internal Battle' Over Bear's Name

Liam Payne & Cheryl Cole Had 'Internal Battle' Over Bear's Name

Liam Payne admits he didn’t love the idea of naming his son Bear at first.

The 23-year-old former One Direction said that it was girlfriend Cheryl Cole‘s choice and he eventually got on board with it.

“It was an internal battle,” Liam told Total Access radio (via E! News). “I wanted a more traditional name and she wanted a name that was more unusual. The reason she chose Bear was because Bear is a name that when you leave a room, you won’t forget. And I like that.”

He added, “You know what? Now he is Bear. When I look at him, he’s just Bear. At first I wasn’t really having it. I was like, ‘I’m not really sure. I don’t really understand.’ Now I look at him and he’s Bear. You become your name as you get older anyway.”

Liam also revealed that Bear‘s middle name is Grey!

Pictured: Liam lounges around at the Music Choice offices on Tuesday (May 16) in New York City.


via Source