Harry Styles Talks Taylor Swift, Her Songs, & His Message to Her Today

Harry Styles Talks Taylor Swift, Her Songs, & His Message to Her Today

Harry Styles gets his close up on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.

Here’s what the 23-year-old singer had to share with the mag:

On Zayn Malik‘s recent comments on 1D: “I think it’s a shame he felt that way…but I never wish anything but luck to anyone doing what they love. If you’re not enjoying something and need to do something else, you absolutely should do that. I’m glad he’s doing what he likes, and good luck to him.”

On the infamous photos of his second date with Taylor Swift at Central Park: “When I see photos from that day,” he says, “I think: Relationships are hard, at any age. And adding in that you don’t really understand exactly how it works when you’re 18, trying to navigate all that stuff didn’t make it easier. I mean, you’re a little bit awkward to begin with. You’re on a date with someone you really like. It should be that simple, right? It was a learning experience for sure. But at the heart of it – I just wanted it to be a normal date.”

On if “Out of the Woods,” and “Style” are about him: “I mean, I don’t know if they’re about me or not…but the issue is, she’s so good, they’re bloody everywhere…I write from my experiences; everyone does that. I’m lucky if everything [we went through] helped create those songs. That’s what hits your heart. That’s the stuff that’s hardest to say, and it’s the stuff I talk least about. That’s the part that’s about the two people. I’m never going to tell anybody everything.”

On if he has a message for Taylor Swift today: “Maybe this is where you write down that I left!…I don’t know…Certain things don’t work out. There’s a lot of things that can be right, and it’s still wrong. In writing songs about stuff like that, I like tipping a hat to the time together. You’re celebrating the fact it was powerful and made you feel something, rather than ‘this didn’t work out, and that’s bad.’ And if you run into that person, maybe it’s awkward, maybe you have to get drunk … but you shared something. Meeting someone new, sharing those experiences, it’s the best sh*t ever. So thank you.”

For more from Harry, visit RollingStone.com.


via Source