Azealia Banks Writes Apology Letter to Zayn Malik After Racist Twitter Remarks

Azealia Banks Writes Apology Letter to Zayn Malik After Racist Twitter Remarks

Azealia Banks has penned an apology letter to Zayn Malik following the racist insults she tweeted about him earlier this year.

The 25-year-old rapper was banned from Twitter for her offensive statements back in May.

“Dear Zayn, There are no words that can fully express how sorry I am,” Azealia wrote in the open letter on Friday (October 21). “Recent events have taught me the importance of taking accountability for ones actions. I want and need to say I am sorry, I was wrong.”

Azealia is currently involved in a public feud with Russell Crowe involving accusations of assault and racist expletives at a party last weekend.

“As a black woman, in America, I sometimes forget that there are words and comments that hurt other communities,” she went on. “At times, I am so consumed by my own struggle, and the struggle of my race, that I forget to consider the hardships other minorities continue to endure. Coming from an ethnicity that is largely discriminated against does not warrant a license to use derogatory, abusive terminology nor does it give me the right to make hurtful remarks.”

“I apologise not only to you, Zayn, but to all those I hurt and offended,” she added. “I am not cruel, nor am I heartless or vindictive. There is a lot of love in my heart and there is good in my soul. What I did was wrong and I am committed to becoming a better person.”

Click inside to read the rest of Azealia’s letter to Zayn…

“Throughout my transgressions you remained a gentleman and I applaud you for displaying class and maintaining a level head,” she finished. “The world could learn a lot from you and I hope you can find room in your heart to accept my sincerest apologies.”


via Source