Emma Watson Talks About Being a Feminist for 'Elle UK' Cover

Emma Watson Talks About Being a Feminist for 'Elle UK' Cover

Emma Watson shows off her “fresh face” on the cover of Elle UK ‘s December 2014 issue, which was dubbed to be the Feminism issue.


Here is what the 24-year-old actress had to share with the mag:


On giving her speech at the UN Summit: “I was very nervous. It wasn’t an easy thing for me to do. It felt like: ‘Am I going to have lunch with these people, or am I going to be eaten? Am I the lunch?’”


On her decision to be an activist on behalf of women: “Fame is not something I have always felt comfortable with; I have really grappled with it emotionally. And, in a funny way, doing this is my way of making sense of the fame, of using it. I have found a way to channel it towards something else, which makes it so much more manageable for me. And this is something I really believe in.”


On how feminism can mean different things to all people: “Feminism is not here to dictate to you. It’s not prescriptive, it’s not dogmatic. All we are here to do is give you a choice. If you want to run for President, you can. If you don’t, that’s wonderful, too. I’m lucky I was raised to believe that my opinion at the dinner table was valuable. My mum and I spoke as loudly as my brothers.”


For more from Emma, visit ElleUK.com!




via Source